Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 13th 2017
||India and Australia to start Bilateral Maritime Exercise AUSINDEX-17
||Virat Kohli ranked No.1 ODI Batsman
||Panama extends Diplomatic ties with China and breaks away with Taiwan
||Uttar Pradesh ranks First in Number of Child Labourers
||Expert Committee Constituted to examine Rules on Movement of People near Indo-Myanmar Border
India and Australia to start Bilateral Maritime Exercise AUSINDEX-17
- Indian warships have reached Australia’s port city of Freemantle to take part in a week-long naval exercise off the Western Australian coast.
- Exercise Australia-India (AUSINDEX) was first conducted off the East Coast of India in September 2015. AUSINDEX-17 will be the second overall bilateral drill between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy.
- AUSINDEX bilateral exercise aims to enhance interoperability and professional interaction between two navies
Virat Kohli ranked No.1 ODI Batsman
- Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has reclaimed the top spot in the recently released ICC ODI batting rankings.
- He overtook South Africa’s AB de Villiers and Australia’s David Warner to reach the number one position.
- Josh Hazlewood of Australia is at the top spot in the bowlers’ rankings. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar has improved his rankings by 13 places to rank 23rd.
Panama extends Diplomatic ties with China and breaks away with Taiwan
- Panama has established formal diplomatic ties with China and broke all of its relationship with Taiwan
- China is the second most important customer of the Panama Canal and the leading provider of merchandise to a free-commerce zone situated in the city of Colon in Panama.
- Taiwan now has just 20 formal diplomatic partners after Panama has switched its ties. Of them, 12 partners belong to Latin America and the Caribbean.
Uttar Pradesh ranks First in Number of Child Labourers
- According to a recently released CRY Report on child labour, more than 8 lakh children between the age group of 5 and 6 years in India are engaged in child labour.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks first in the number of child labourers (2,50,672 children) in the country followed by Bihar (1,28,087 children) and Maharashtra (82,847 children).
- Child Rights and You (CRY) is an NGO working towards the upliftment of underprivileged children. The organization got established in 1979 by Rippan Kapur.
Expert Committee Constituted to examine Rules on Movement of People near Indo-Myanmar Border
- Ministry of Home Affairs has constituted an expert committee to examine the rules which allow free movement of people near Indo-Myanmar border.
- Indian and Myanmarese citizens are permitted free movement within 16 km of the international border, but these rules are widely exploited by militants for smuggling arms, drugs, and fake Indian currency.
- The expert committee would be headed by the special secretary (Internal Security) in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017