Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest- June 1st 2017
||Odisha to set up country’s first Early Warning Dissemination System for disaster management
||Airtel and Telenor Merger approved by SEBI
||India and Pakistan to become Full members of SCO
||Ramachandra Guha steps down as BCCI Administrator
||NASA to launch Parker Solar Probe to Explore Sun’s Atmosphere
Daily Current Affairs Digest in Detail
Odisha to set up country’s first Early Warning Dissemination System for disaster management
- Odisha will commission the ambitious Early Warning Dissemination System (EWDS) to warn the vast population residing along its 480 km-long coast in the event of the occurrence of natural disasters like a tsunami or a cyclone.
- The warning can be disseminated just by pressing a single button from a control room in the State capital in the event of the occurrence of natural disasters.
- The EWDS comprises of Satellite-Based Mobile Data Voice Terminals (SBMDVT), Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), Mass Messaging System (MMS) and Universal Communication Interface (UCI) for inter-operability among different communication technologies.
Airtel and Telenor Merger approved by SEBI
- Bharti Airtel has stated that it has got approvals from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) for the proposed scheme of merger with Telenor (India) Communications Private Ltd.
- The merger will transfer all of Telenor India’s assets and customers and thus augmenting Airtel’s overall customer base and network.
- The merger is also subject to other statutory approvals like that of the Competition Commission of India.
India and Pakistan to become Full members of SCO
- India and Pakistan’s to become members of China-backed Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) .
- The admission will be formalised at the SCO’s summit to be held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisaiton (SCO) granted full membership status to Pakistan and India during its Ufa summit held in Russia in 2015. India signed the Memorandum on accession in June 2
Ramachandra Guha steps down as BCCI Administrator
- Historian Ramachandra Guha has tendered his resignation as BCCI administrator citing personal reasons.
- He was one among the four administrators appointed by the Supreme Court on January 30 to run the affairs of BCCI.
- The four member committee was headed by former Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod Rai. The other two members are managing Director of Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) Vikram Limaye and former Indian women cricket captain Diana Edulji.
NASA to launch Parker Solar Probe to Explore Sun’s Atmosphere
- NASA’s Parker Solar Probe will be launched in the summer of 2018 to explore the sun’s atmosphere.
- The purpose of the launch will be to study sun’s outer atmosphere and to understand how sun works.
- he name of the probe initially called the Solar Probe Plus has been renamed as the Parker Solar Probe in honor of astrophysicist Eugene Parker. This is the first time NASA has named a spacecraft after a living person.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017