In this article
Pawan Hans helicopter crashes off Mumbai coast, two pilots missing
- A Pawan Hans helicopter with two pilots onboard crashed into the Arabian sea shortly after taking off from an ONGC installation in the Mumbai high field this evening, Defence sources said.
- The pilots are missing and Coast Guard and ONGC have pressed their vessels into service to locate them.
- The Medivac chopper was on its last sortie of the day from a platform on the Mumbai High south oil and gas field about 160 km off the coast.
- “We don’t know the reason for that,” ONGC Director Offshore TK Sengupta told PTI.
- The chopper was not on any crew duty and so there were no passengers on board.
President Mukherjee to launch ‘Imprint India’ tomorrowmg class="alignright wp-image-3235" src="https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/president-pranab-mukherjee-current-affairs-300x200.jpg" alt="president-pranab-mukherjee-current affairs" width="261" height="174" srcset="https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/president-pranab-mukherjee-current-affairs-300x200.jpg 300w, https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/president-pranab-mukherjee-current-affairs-150x100.jpg 150w, https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/president-pranab-mukherjee-current-affairs.jpg 630w" sizes="(max-width: 261px) 100vw, 261px" />
- ‘IMPRINT India’, a Pan-IIT and IISc joint initiative to develop a roadmap for research to solve major engineering and technology challenges in ten technology domains relevant to India will be launched by President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The launch will be done at a function being held as part of the Visitor’s Conference.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the IMPRINT India brochure and hand over the first copy to the President of India.
- Union Minister of Human Resource Development Smriti Zubin Irani will also address the gathering.
- The idea of launching ‘IMPRINT India’ originated during the conference of Chairmen, Board of Governors and Directors of Indian Institutes of Technology convened by the President at Rashtrapati Bhavan on August 22, 2014.
- It is based on the Prime Minister’s suggestion that research done by institutions of national importance must be linked with immediate requirements of the society at large.
- The objectives of this initiative is to identify areas of immediate relevance to society requiring innovation, direct scientific research into identified areas, ensure higher funding support for research into these areas and measure outcomes of the research effort with reference to impact on the standard of living in the rural or urban areas.
Taiwan, China leaders to hold surprise meeting, first since end of civil warg class="alignright size-medium wp-image-3233" src="https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/current-affairs-taiwan-and-china-300x205.jpg" alt="current affairs taiwan and china" width="300" height="205" srcset="https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/current-affairs-taiwan-and-china-300x205.jpg 300w, https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/current-affairs-taiwan-and-china-150x103.jpg 150w, https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/current-affairs-taiwan-and-china.jpg 540w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will hold talks with his counterpart on neighbouring Taiwan on Satu
rday, the first meeting of leaders from the two rivals since the Chinese civil war ended in 1949, coinciding with rising anti-China sentiment on Taiwan.
- Both sides said the leaders would discuss cross-strait ties at the unexpected meeting in Singapore, weeks ahead of elections in January which the pro-China Nationalist Party, or Kuomintang (KMT), is likely to lose to the opposition Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), which traditionally favours independence from China.
- Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou, who steps down next year due to term limits, has made improving economic links with China a key policy since he took office in 2008. He has signed landmark business and tourism deals, though there has been no progress in resolving their political differences.
Microsoft’s Satya Nadella in Mumbai today for ‘Future Unleashed’ programmeg class="alignright size-medium wp-image-3236" src="https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Satya-Nadella-current-affairs-300x165.jpg" alt="Satya-Nadella current affairs" width="300" height="165" srcset="https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Satya-Nadella-current-affairs-300x165.jpg 300w, https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Satya-Nadella-current-affairs-150x83.jpg 150w, https://www.mockbank.com/bulletin/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Satya-Nadella-current-affairs.jpg 670w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
- Microsoft chief Satya Nadella will meet industry leaders like Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra, Axis Bank head Shikha Sharma and Tata Starbucks CEO Avani Davda during his one-day visit to India on November 5.
- The India-born CEO will also deliver a keynote address at ‘Microsoft’s Future Unleashed’ event here that will bring together 3,000 industry thought leaders, enterprise heads, developers and entrepreneurs