Top Current Affairs June 2016
Current Affairs of 1 June 2016 Wednesday
- PM Narendra Modi Releases National Disaster Management Plan.
- Rahul Johri Assumes Charge as First Ever CEO of BCCI.
- Direct Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme 2016 came into force.
- World’s Longest, Deepest Rail Tunnel Inaugurated In Switzerland.
- World Milk Day Observed Globally.
Current Affairs of 2 June 2016 Thursday
- India Joins The Hague Code of Conduct .
- India – US signed MoU On Energy Security, Climate Change Cooperation.
- PM Narendra Modi releasesd National Disaster Management Plan.
- Raghavan Seetharaman Awarded Green Economy Visionary Award.
- German Parliament Recognizes Armenian Genocide.
Current Affairs of 3 June 2016 Friday
- India Ranks 70th On 2015 Good Country Index.
- India, Singapore Agree To Enhance Scale of Military Interaction.
- Neerja Sethi and Jayshree Ullal, two Indian Origin women made their place in Forbes Self-Made American Women List.
- Asia’s First Vulture Re-introduction Programme Launched In Haryana.
- Navin Agarwal Appointed as DG of NADA .
Current Affairs of 4 June 2016 Saturday
- PM Narendra Modi, Ghani Inaugurates Afghan-India Friendship Dam.
- Assam Assembly Passes Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2006.
- TRAI launched DND Services Mobile Application to register complaints against pesky calls, SMSes.
- PM Narendra Modi Conferred Afghanistan’s Highest Civilian Honour.
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali Died.
Current Affairs of 5 June 2016 Sunday
- India, Qatar Signed Seven Agreements.
- India’s First Mr Universe Manohar Aich Died.
- Garbine Muguruza won 2016 French Open Women’s Singles Title.
- Novak Djokovic Won French Open Men’s Singles Title.
- World Environment Day Observed Globally.
Current Affairs of 6 June 2016 Monday
- Odisha became first Indian state to give pension and food benefits to transgenders.
- Airbus unveiled World’s first 3D printed plane THOR.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar launched Right to Public Grievance Redressal Act.
- V Narayanasamy Sworn-In As Puducherry Chief Minister.
- India Ranked 2nd On GRD Index On Ease of Doing Business
Current Affairs of 7 June 2016 Tuesday
- India ranked 2nd on GRD index on ease of doing business.
- Kulmeet Bawa appointed as Adobe MD for South Asia.
- Rajasthan Government launched Mobile App RajVayu app on Air Quality Index.
- ADB and Union Government signed Loan Agreement to upgrade 176 Km of roads in Jharkhand
Current Affairs of 8 June 2016 Wednesday
- India Ranked 141 In Global Peace Index
- ITF bans Maria Sharapova For two years
- World Bank Cuts 2016 Global Growth Forecast To 2.4 percent
- RBI rates unchanged in 2nd bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016-17
- Facebook India appoints Umang Bedi as Managing Director.
Current Affairs of 9 June 2016 Thursday
- Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya Awarded Regius Professorship
- Major General Per Lodin Appointed Head of UNMOGIP
- India Becomes Third Largest Oil Consumer
- Union Government to introduce International Yoga Award Scheme
- WHO validates elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV and syphilis in four countries including Thailand
Current Affairs of 10 June 2016 Friday
- Union Govt Announces new Print Media Advertisement Policy.
- US Firm To Build Six Nuclear Reactors In India
- PM Modi concluded five-nation tour to Afghanistan, Qatar, Switzerland, the USA and Mexico.
- India signs Europe-led clampdown on Tax Evasion and Corruption
- Axis Bank bank launched India’s first certified green bond at London Stock Exchange.
Current Affairs of 11 June 2016 Saturday
- India Post launches logo and tagline design contest for India Post Payments Bank
- Microsoft released Malware Infection Index 2016.
- Forbes released 2016 World’s 100 Highest-Paid Athletes list.
- Union Railways Ministry flags off Champaran Satyagrah Express train in Bihar.
- India, Japan and US navies kick off 2016 Malabar Exercise near South China Sea
Current Affairs of 12 June 2016 Sunday
- Satya Pal Jain appointed as Law Commission member.
- Union Ministry of Civil Aviation proposes passenger centric amendments to CARs.
- Sikkim becomes India’s first State to launch open government data portal.
- V. Vaithilingam elected as Speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
- 2016 Global Peace Index released by IEP
Current Affairs of 13 June 2016 Monday
- Saina Nehwal won Women’s title of the Australian Open Super Series Badminton tournament.
- Norway became the first country to ban deforestation.
- RBI introduces Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets
- China successfully launches 23rd BeiDou Navigation Satellite.
- Indian-American Author Akhil Sharma won 2016 International Dublin Literary Award
- Four new elements in Periodic table got names.
- Microsoft Buys LinkedIn For $26.2 billion
Current Affairs of 14 June 2016 Tuesday
- Tata Power signed agreement to acquire Welspun Renewables
- Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad appointed as Chief Justice of Manipur HC.
- India inked three agreements with Ghana to strengthen co-operation.
- Lewis Hamilton won 2016 Canada Grand Prix of Formula 1.
- World Blood Donors Day 2016 observed was observed on14th June 2016
- Noted Hindi writer Mudrarakshasa passed away.
- Pranab Mukherjee Received Highest Civilian Award of Ivory Coast.
- UN Elected Israel as Committee Chair For First Time
Current Affairs of 15 June 2016 Wednesday
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day observed on 15th June 2016
- Bihar inaugurated Child Labour Tracking System.
- Kepler-1647b planet found which has two suns.
- Peter Thomson of Fiji elected as President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly.
- Vijay Mallya declared as Proclaimed Offender by Money Laundering Court.
- Union Cabinet Approved Merger of SBI with its Five Subsidiaries.
Current Affairs of 16 June 2016 Thursday
- Who was awarded with prestigious PEN Pinter Prize 2016 – Margaret Atwood
- Bramble Cay melomys declared extinct from human-caused climate change.
- Union Cabinet approved Bill to fast track recovery of bad loans.
- Niraj Mittal appointed as institutional banking head of DBS Bank.
- Vidyanjali Mobile App launched by Union Government for volunteer work at government schools.
- Senior IAS officer Supriya Sahu appointed as Director General of Doordarshan.
- Russia nuclear icebreaker Arktika launched.
Current Affairs of 17 June 2016 Friday
- Syed Nayeemuddin, former Indian football team coach to be conferred with Mohun Bagan Ratna.
- US Senate Approved Enhanced Military Cooperation with India
- Rio 2016 unveils Official slogan for Olympic and Paralympic Games
- World Day to Combat Desertification 2016 observed on 17th June 2016
- Sunil Mittal elected as Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce.
- Kolkata-Ashuganj-Tripura route became operational between India and Bangladesh –
Current Affairs of 18 June 2016 Saturday
- First batch of women fighter pilots inducted in Indian Air Force.
- Indian Hockey Team Won Silver in Champions Trophy. Australia won the tournament.
- AICTE inked agreement with Microsoft to build app for SWAYAM platform of HRD Ministry.
- Govt Launches e-Nivaran Scheme
- Union Ministry of AYUSH released Yog Geet for International Yoga Day.
- NRIs can now Join NPS Online.
- UK Backed India’s NSG Bid.
- HDFC, Max to Merge Life Insurance Arms.
Current Affairs of 19 June 2016 Sunday
- SBI launched IT Innovation Start-up Fund to assist start-ups.
- Rajnath Approved Central Marine Force.
- Modi,Sirisena Inaugurate Stadium in Sri Lanka.
- India, South Korea Launch Korea Plus
- California became the 6th-Largest Economy.
- Raghuram Rajan to Quit As RBI Governor.
Current Affairs of 20 June 2016 Monday
- India won Silver medal at Archery World Cup in Antalya –
- URJA mobile app launched to enhance consumer connect with Urban Power Distribution sector.
- World refugee day was observed on 20th June.
- Shaminda Eranga, Sri Lankan cricket player suspended for illegal action.
- NASA unveiled X-57 Hybrid Electric Research Plane.
- Nico Rosberg won 2016 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe.
- Union Government Approves 100% FDI In Aviation, Defence and e-commerce Sectors.
Current Affairs of 21 June 2016 Tuesday
- International Day of Yoga 2016 observed on 21st June 2016.
- Kannada movie Thithi won Best Film Award at 19th Shanghai International Film Festival.
- China’s Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer was declared as world’s fastest.
- HAL created Indigenous basic trainer aircraft HTT-40.
- Mori village of Andhra Pradesh was chosen for development as smart village.
- Nikesh Arora Resigns as SoftBank President.
- Andhra Postal Circle Releases Stamps On Yoga Booklet.
Current Affairs of 22 June 2016 Wednesday
- Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah passed away.
- Book titled A Life in Diplomacy released, author of book is –
- Maharashtra Cabinet gave minority status to Jew community .
- World Bank released India Development Update 2016.
- ISRO’s PSLV C34 Successfully Injects 20 Satellites Into Orbit
- Union Cabinet Approves MoU between India and Germany
Current Affairs of 23 June 2016 Thursday
- Union Cabinet established Fund of Funds for Startups under SIDBI.
- EU reached agreement on new border force to tackle Migrant Crisis.
- United Nations Public Service Day is observed on 23 June 2016.
- Amjad Sabri, the famous Qawwal was shot dead in Karachi.
- PayPal appointed Anupam Pahuja as India Country Manager and MD.
Current Affairs of 24 June 2016 Friday
- BCCI appointed Anil Kumble as the head coach of Indian Cricket Team.
- Britain voted to exit European Union in historic referendum.
- Union Government launches India’s first pilot programme to run two wheelers on CNG.
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron announced resignation after Brexit vote.
- IIT-Kanpur professor Sanjay Mittal awarded with 2015 GD Birla Award.
Current Affairs of 25 June 2016 Saturday
- Yasmin Sooka, Indian-origin lawyer to chair UN commission on human rights in South Sudan.
- Nepal banned citizens from working in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya.
- Sri Lanka’s Parliament passes Right to Information bill with amendments.
- India Loses Bid to Join NSG.
- RBI has released its much awaited The ‘Payment and Settlement Systems in India: Vision-2018’ document.
Current Affairs of 26 June 2016 Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi launched Smart city Mission Projects in Pune.
- Sprinter Dutee Chand qualified for Rio Olympics.
- BrahMos conducted first flight of missile from SU-30 MKI aircraft successfully.
- Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti won the bypoll to the Anantnag Assembly.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley attended the first Board of Governors meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank in Beijing.
- Int Day Against Drug Abuse was observed on 26th June.
Current Affairs of 27 June 2016 Monday
- Expanded Panama Canal reopens after 9 years of work.
- Lionel Messi retired from Argentina after Copa America final loss to Chile.
- India became 35th full member of Missile Technology Control Regime.
- Sujoy Bose Appointed as new CEO of NIIF.
- Odisha Govt Launched Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana.
- Jitu Rai won silver in ISSF
Current Affairs of 28 June 2016 Tuesday
- What is a scheme to boost healthcare facilities for pregnant women – Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
- CSIR launches BGR -34, India’s first anti diabetic ayurvedic drug.
- RBI published Payment and Settlement Systems in India.
- Zubaida Bai won UN honour for corporate sustainability initiative.
- India Ranked 105th On Human Capital Index.
- Nagaland Launches Sakhi-One Stop Centre.
Current Affairs of 29 June 2016 Wednesday
- Ethiopia, Bolivia, Sweden and Kazakhstan became non-permanent UNSC members in UNGA.
- NS Vishwanathan appointed as deputy governor of RBI.
- Assam’s Island District Majuli becomes India’s first.
- Union Cabinet approved recommendations of 7th Pay Commission.
- Sanjeev Rajput won silver in ISSF World Cup.
- World Bank bank approved $201.50 million for Technical Education Quality Improvement Project in India.
Current Affairs of 30 June 2016 Thursday
- Argentina women team won 2016 Champions Trophy Hockey title.
- RBI to study Blockchain technology to curtail paper currency.
- China Launched 2nd Shijian-16 Satellite
- India and Israel test-fired co-developed MR-SAM missile successfully.
- Researcher develops non-invasive method to kill which Cancer cells in 2 hours.
Friends this is it regarding Top Current Affairs June 2016. We will update monthly current affairs capsule like this every month.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
Here is a pdf for you