In this article
AP has potential to be gateway of Asia Pacific Region: Japan
- Japanese State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yosuke Takagi on Thursday said that Japan will extend a helping hand to build Amaravati into a vibrant city by sharing technology.
- Mr. Yosuke said that Japan has learnt from the history that this great land of Amaravathi was the seat of learning of Buddhism right from the 3rd Century B.C. “. Standing here at this great place is a matter of pride and honour for me”, said Mr. Yosuke.
- On future economic development of Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Yosuke predicted that Andhra Pradesh was poised to be the gateway for Asia Pacific and Indian Ocean region
Gap widening between rural and urban India
- While inflation has been slowing both in rural and urban areas of the country, there is a widening difference between the two as rural inflation is decelerating at a much slower pace. The resultant gap between rural and urban inflation has more than doubled over the last one year, data analysed by HSBC Global Research show.
- Urban inflation momentum, according to the analysis, has slowed to 4.5 per cent, which is lower than the Reserve Bank of India’s target level of 6 per cent. The trend in price gains in rural India, however, is running at 6.5 per cent.
- The ‘excess inflation’ in rural India, HSBC noted, is arising from food, fuel, transportation as well as from core inflation. The difference between rural and urban inflation is most stark for fuel and transportation, followed by core and to a lesser extent food.
- Consumption data from the NSSO suggests that rural India’s fuel mix is more geared toward domestically produced firewood, chips and bio-gas inputs, which are not a part of the global deflation cycle. On the other hand, fuel products more widely used in urban India, such as LPG, petrol and diesel, have benefited from lower global prices.
- “Rural India has some structural disadvantages vis-a-vis urban India: structural bottlenecks are harsher, transport networks sparser and distribution channels insufficient…And this relative disadvantage is showing up more so now, as urban India is benefiting from lower global prices while rural India, partly because of its structural ailments, is not being able to partake with equal vigor,” said HSBC.
Important Events To Remember
- Alok Rawat has become the first male member of National Commission for Women
- Honorable PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for Amaravati, newly formed capital city of Andhra Pradesh on the occasion of Dussehra. Amaravati is situated between Vijayawada and Guntur. It will have the legislative Assembly, Legislative Council, High Court, Secretariat, Raj Bhavan.
- Britain has signed a landmark nuclear deal with China to build the United Kingdom’s first nuclear power plant. This is UK first nuclear power plant after 1980 and is a major Chinese investment in UK and the deal was signed in London during the official visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping. The agreement was signed between French state owned EDF Energy and General Nuclear Power Corporation (CGN) of China.
- Indian Police Foundation and Indian Police Institute were inaugurated in New Delhi by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. Indian Police Foundation will be the think tank for suggesting reforms in Indian Police and Indian Police Institute will be the research and training institute for Police Officers in Indian Police.
- Autobiography of Sam Pitroda, Dreaming Big: My Journey to Connect India was released.
- First Car Free Day was observed in Delhi from 7AM to 12PM. It has been decided to launch it on different stretches across Delhi on 22nd of every month.