In this article
CDS 1, 2016: Exam Analysis and Expected Cutoff
The Combined Defense Services exam 2016 was held on 14th February 2016 in three shifts (three question papers) for those opting for IMA, AFA and INA and two shifts (two question papers) for those opting for OTA.
Before going to the main cutoffs which will earn you a place in SSB, you have to make sure that you have cleared the sectional cutoffs for each paper which is essential for totaling the final results.
CDS 1, 2016 Exam Analysis: Overall
Overall the CDS 1, 2016 paper was easier as compared to previous year’s papers. A comfortable number of attempts were 60-70.
CDS 1, 2016 Sectional Analysis.
- The paper had 20 synonyms and 19 antonyms, which were comparatively easy.
- Ordering Of Sentences, which was 8 in number, was also easy.
- The next was the toughest section in the paper, i.e. Spotting the errors. Out of the 15 questions, you could solve 7-8 easily and the rest were confusing.
- Sentence improvement was a piece of cake and anybody could have easily solved all 17 of them.
- The Comprehension section had 5 passages, which accounted for 25 marks and if you would have invested some time to read and understand the passages well, you could have easily solved them.
- The last section, ‘Ordering of Words in a Sentence’ had 16 questions, which were comparatively easy.
CDS General Knowledge:
GK as usual was tough for many students. Topics ranging from Science to Current affairs and Government initiatives to foreign policies were asked. It wouldn’t be very difficult for a well aware student to score 50-60 in this paper.
Maths question paper with lengthy questions, but one could have scored maximum marks from it. Questions were easy and mix of different topics. Again a good chances for scoring high marks for the candidates applying for AFA and IMA.
CDS 1 2016 Sectional Cutoffs.
|IMA||20% of maximum marks. i.e. 20 marks|
|INA||20% of maximum marks. i.e. 20 marks|
|AFA||20% of maximum marks. i.e. 20 marks|
|OTA for men||20% of maximum marks. i.e. 20 marks|
|OTA for women||20% of maximum marks. i.e. 20 marks|
As per the notice, the results of CDS 1 2016 will be declared sometime in the month of June 2016. Candidates are required to keep checking the official UPSC website regularly for any official notifications.
CDS 1 2016 Expected Overall Cutoffs
|OTA for men||75|
|OTA for women||75|
The results for CDS will be declared by UPSC by May/June 2016. (Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D to receive all important information regarding CDS 1, 2016)
CDS 2, 2016 coming up this October, Notification to be out soon. Click here to enroll for our CDS Mock Test Preparation Packages.
[socialpoll id=”2332901″ path=”/polls/2332901″ width=”250″]
Friends this is it for CDS 1, 2016 Exam Analysis and Expected Cutoffs. How did your paper went? Did you find it easy or tough. Answer in the comments section below.