CDS Last Minute Preparation Tips
The Admit Cards of Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam are out. With hardly a few days left, you have no option except to put in every single minute of the remaining hours to prepare for this opportunity of joining the armed forces. As you know CDS consists of 3 papers namely: English, General Science and Mathematics.
Tips for Clearing CDS exam
- By now you must have all the study materials. All the books, previous year question papers, practice question papers, everything.
- You must have made notes by yourself by now. If you haven’t then start making one right away. They are very helpful and will reduce your burden by 80%, as you wont have to search for important topics in those 1000 page reference books.
- Quickly make a timeline book. Timeline book is a book, which has all the events, whatever you have to learn, arranged in a chronological way.
- Go through all the previous year question papers and assess yourself where you stand.
- Certain questions follow a certain path, a common trend, which is almost sure to appear in your paper. Some of them are Government relation with its neighbors, Government schemes, important awards winners etc. If you have gone through the previous year question papers, you can actually see what I’m trying to say here.
- Mathematics is not at a very high level and at this point try your best to get all the relevant mathematical formulae at your finger tips. Believe me, if you are up to date with all the formulae and have basic idea of solving mathematical problems, you’ll easily sail through.
- Take practice/mock tests online. At Mockbank we have a separate test section which deals only with CDS level questions and that test result can be more or less same as your final result. You can take this test to assess yourself.
- Finally, Don’t hurry now to complete the uncovered portions. This is the time where you have to strengthen what you have already learnt. Brush up everything and you’re good to go.
- Lastly, All the best. Do well.