Case filed against SBI to cancel SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016.
In this article
SBI Clerk Recruitment : Latest Update
The latest update in SBI Clerk 2016 Recruitment is a positive one for all. SBI Clerk Recruitment will continue as announced. As of now the concerned Bench of Madras High Court has issued an interim order to continue with the Recruitment Process as planned. This is not the final order as of now but a temporary judgement for the time being. The final order will also come in a few weeks and most probably, it will also be a positive one.
Quoting the order by the Bench:
“SBI could proceed with the recruitment process as several candidates had already filed their applications for the clerk positions, and would therefore be adversely affected if the examinations were cancelled. However it may be noted that the final judgement, which is still pending may still have an impact on the results of the entire recruitment process.”
State Bank of India has been conducting SBI Clerk Exam every year. The number of aspirants applying for it have also incresed tremendously in the past few years. .This year also approx 25-30 lakhs candidates have applied for it.
Case filed against SBI Clerk recruitment
But everything is not as smooth this year. When the recruitment notification was announced, a significant change was added in it. This new criteria affected the eligibility of thousnads of aspirants.
What was the Issue?
- As per that criteria, the defaulters (loan defaulter for example) in SBI were not elligible for applying for the SBI Clerk Exam.
- The criteria was related to loans & credit card dues wherein if you have defaulted in repayment then you are ineligible to apply for their clerical recruitment.
What happened at that time?
- A whole lot of protest was done over to rollback this decision of the SBI.
- Even various political Parties like The Communist Party of India and others, even urged union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to intervene and scrap the condition that prevented education loan defaulters from applying for clerical jobs in the State Bank of India (SBI) entrance exam.
- Finally the criteria was not scrapped and the Exam started.
- Now when everything was looking under control, and Exams were being conducted a new twist entered in the story.
- A candidate has filed a case in the Madras High Court against SBI for not
allowing the defaulters to apply for the SBI Clerk Jobs.
- Not only that, in the litigation, he has also asked the court to direct the State Bank of India for issuing a fresh recruitment notification for all the candidates.
What is the Case About?
- S G Gokul, a government job aspirant who was preparing for Banking Exams has filed a PIL (public interest litigation ) recently on 25th of may 2016 in the Madras high court against SBI.
- In his petition, he has directly attacked the policy of SBI, not allowing defaulters to apply for the SBI clerk recruitment.
- Quoting some part of the appeal
“This condition will prevent a large number of economically & socially backward candidates from applying for the posts.If they were appointed, after selection process, they would be able repay the loans. This move by bank will create more education loan defaulters.Many are Affected; So Quash the Recruitment”
Whats the progress in the Case:
- The case is being heard by the High Court bench comprising of Justices
R Mahadevan & SS Sundae.
- The Court has already issued notices to the SBI chairman & also the concerned ministry of the Government of India.
- They were given 2 weeks time to file their explanation on this PIL within 2 weeks.
- SBI has submitted their explanation on this PIL and the court is convined by it for the time being.
What will happen Next?
There are 2 possible outcomes and they depend upon the reply of SBI :
- OUTCOME 1: SBI convinces the Court regarding this rule and Court agrees and doesn’t cancel the recruitment notification.
- OUTCOME 2: SBI is unable to convince the Court regarding this rule and Court cancels the recruitment & order SBI to issue a new recruitment notification
There might be a middle way too, in which SBI does not cancel the notification, but agrees to open the application process for defaulters again.
Friends as of now the SBI Clerk recruitment process will go as per the schedule.We will regularly update you about all the recent happenings in the matter on a real time basis. Also, if your Exam is yet to happen, kindly focus on your studies. The recruitment is not yet cancelled and most probably will not be cancelled also.If you have any queries regarding it, kindly drop your answers in the comments section. We will be glad to answer them.
- SBI Clerk Exam Questions Asked (28th May 2016 Exam)
- SBI Clerk Exam Questions Asked (22nd May 2016 Exam)
- SBI Clerk Cutoff 2016 : How many Marks You need to Score??
- Most Important Questions for SBI Clerk Exam
- SBI Clerk Overall Exam Analysis
- SBI Clerk Previous Year Solved Question Paper Download
- SBI Clerk Exam Official Language Change Link Activated
- SBI clerk vs IBPS clerk -Salary Educational Qualification Promotion career growth prospects