Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018-19, Detailed Canara Bank Exam Pattern for PO 2018 with Selection Procedure,
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018-19 with Selection Process
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018-19: Canara Bank has invited applications for admissions to the specially designed One-year training course leading to a Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF). After completing the course successfully, you will be offered an appointment in the bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I. There are a total of 800 vacancies to be filled. The Online Test is scheduled for 23rd December 2018. So, if you are appearing for Canara Bank PO exam then it is very important that you start your preparation now. To take your preparation in the right direction, it is very important to know the detailed Canara Bank Exam Pattern.
One of the most awaited recruitment among the banking aspirants is Canara bank PO recruitment. Lot of applicants are looking for a wonderful opportunity. Large number of candidates are applied and start preparing for the exam.
Canara Bank PO Exam 2018 – Important Highlight
|Name of the Organization||Canara Bank|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Total No. Of Posts||800 Vacancies|
|Exam Type||Canara Bank PO Exam 2018|
|Date of Examination||23rd December 2018|
Canara Bank PO Exam Dates 2018
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Start Date of Online Application||23rd October 2018|
|Last Date of Online Application||13th November 2018|
|Online Payment||23rd October 2018 to 13th November 2018|
|Date of Downloading Admit Card||5th December 2018 onwards|
|Date of Online Test||23rd December 2018|
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018-19
Canara Bank selection process for the PO exam 2018 consists of 3 stages as follows:
- Online Objective Test
- Group Discussion
Online Objective Test
- This Online Test will be conducted by IBPS, Mumbai.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- There will be minimum cut-off marks for each subject as well as the total score.
- You need to obtain a minimum score in each subject and also a minimum total score as decided by the exam conducting body to be considered for Group Discussion and Interview.
The Canara Bank PO exam pattern for Online Objective Test is given in the table is mentioned below:
|Subject||Medium of Exam||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||English & Hindi||50||50||2 Hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude||English & Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English & Hindi||50||50|
Group Discussion (GD) & Interview
- Once you qualify the Online Test, you will have to appear for Group Discussion.
- For each post, the candidates will be called in 1:3 ratio for Group Discussion & Interview.
- The GD & Interview will be of 50 marks each.
- The candidates who will qualify the GD & Interview will be selected in the final merit list.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage|
- The weightage of the scores obtained in the Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview shall be in the ratio of 50:20:30 respectively.
- In case you fail to score the marks in this ratio given above, you won’t be eligible for this selection process any further.
Note: During selection processes, you will have to produce your Photo bearing Identity Proof (Pan Card/ Driving Licence, etc). Along with this, your biometric data will be captured. To download the official notification, click here:
Canara Bank PO Marking Scheme
Here is the marking scheme of Canara Bank PO Exam 2018.
|Canara Bank Exam Pattern 2018-19 | Marking Scheme|
|Marks Carried By Each Question||1 mark|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks for every wrong answer|
|If selected more than one option|
|No marks will be deduced for unattempted questions|
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the exam pattern?
Ans: Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern is of written test and interview.
2. How many questions will be in objective paper?
Ans: Objective paper is of Reasoning-75 questions, Quantitative Aptitude-50 questions, General Awareness-50 questions and English-50 questions with a total of 225 questions.
3. What is the time duration for written test?
Ans: For objective paper, it is of 135 minutes and descriptive paper; it is of 60 minutes with a total of 195 minutes.
4. For how many marks will be the written test?
Ans: It is of 325 marks as objective paper-225 marks and descriptive paper-100 marks.
5. Exam Pattern will be same from one notification to another notification?
Ans: It will be same but in some cases it may change