See what opportunities await you as a IBPS SBI Bank PO.
IBPS SBI Bank PO Career Progression
Many of our readers ask us questions regarding Career prospects and Progression of Probationary Officer. The post of PO is considered to be prestigious among bank exams aspirants.
Those who get selection as a PO and those who are preparing for it always ask that why PO is the most sought after job of the banking industry. What are the opportunities available for those who get selection as PO?
Following is the career graph for Bank PO
- There are a lot of opportunities which are available for a Bank PO. A Bank PO can reach to great heights in his or her career.
- All the chairman of the different Public Sector Banks as well as of State Bank of India and its associate banks had started their careers as a Probationary Officer only.
- Bank PO career path is still one of the fastest if you compare it with other government jobs. Apart from the very fast promotion channels, there are rewards, recognition and attractive postings for performers.
- While the promotion channel for Specialist Cadre Officer is quite slow in all banks as there are less opportunity for these officers.
- For those who get promotion in Officer Cadre from clerical cadre, although promotion policy remains the same but the fact of the matter is that normally these officer do not rise after a certain point.
- Anybody who join bank as a Probationary Officer normally gets very fast promotion. There are normally two types of entry level jobs in the banks, which are clerk and officer.
- There are normally three types of Officers in the bank, those who got promotion from clerical cadre, Specialist Cadre Officers and those who joined as Probationary Officers.
- However for Probationary Officers there is no limit in the banks as far as career progression is concerned. As we have already mentioned that the Chairman of all the Public Sector Banks had joined as Probationary Officers only.