Average Questions for bank and all sarkari naukri examinations.
Average Questions for IBPS and SSC Exams
Basic Concepts of Average:
What is an average?
In simple terms, averages usually refer to the sum of given numbers divided by the total number of terms listed.
Averages = (sum of all terms)/ number of terms
The main term of average is equal distribution of a value among all which may distribute persons or things. We obtain the average of a number using formula that is sum of observations divided by Number of observations.
Important Formula for Average:
Find the Average Speed
- If a person travels a distance at a speed of x km/hr and the same distance at a speed of y km/hr then the average speed during the whole journey is given by-
- If a person covers A km at x km/hr and B km at y km/hr and C km at z km/hr, then the average speed in covering the whole distance is-
- The average of the series which is in A.P. can be calculated by ½(first + last term)
- If the average of n numbers is A and if we add x to each term then the new average will be = (A+ x).
- If the average of n numbers is A and if we multiply p with each term then the new average will be = (A x p).
- When a person leaves the group and another person joins the group in place of that person then-
Case1: If the average age is increased,
Age of new person = Age of separated person + (Increase in average × total number of persons)
Case2: If the average age is decreased,
Age of new person = Age of separated person – (Decrease in average × total number of persons)
- When a person joins the group-
Case1: In case of increase in average Age of new member = Previous average + (Increase in average × Number of members including new member)Case2: In case of decrease in average Age of new member = Previous average – (Decrease in average × Number of members including new member)
- In the Arithmetic Progression there are two cases when the number of terms is odd and second one is when number of terms is even. So when the number of terms is odd the average will be the middle term. when the number of terms is even then the average will be the average of two middle terms.
From the Average topic, you will surely score better using these important formulas, and this average section mainly seen in all the bank exams such as SBI PO, SBI Clerck, IBPS PO, and specialist officers and also in all sarkari naukri examinations such as SSC CGL. SSC CHSL , RRB NTPC etc. So, here are some questions and quiz on Average, using the above rules, now test your knowledge on Average topic.
Average Questions and Quiz:
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by
|Advance maths for General Competitions by Rakesh Yadav|
Friends this is it for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation. If you have any queries/questions regarding Best Books for any Section, Feel free to ask them in the comments section below. And we will be glad to answer them for you.