APSET Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for AP State Eligibility Test
The official notification for the APSET 2020 exam is now available at the official website, apset.net.in. The online applications for APSET 2020 are commencing from August 14, 2020. The state-level test, AP SET is being conducted to determine eligibility for Lectureship and Assistant Professor. Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) have 2 papers i.e paper I and paper II. Candidates who have a Master’s degree or will complete it, and have a requisite percentage, can appear in APSET 2020 exam. Get here complete details of APSET 2020 including important dates, online application form, eligibility, question papers, syllabus, exam pattern.
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 – Important Highlight
|Name of the Examination||Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh|
|Posts Details||Assistant Professors and Lecturers|
|Mode of the examination||Online Examination|
|Duration of the examination||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+2 mark for correct marks and 0 marks for incorrect answers|
|Total Subjects||There are total 30 subjects in AP SET|
APSET 2020: Exam Date
APSET 2020 is the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test. It is a state-level exam held once a year for the purpose of recruitment and promotion of Assistant Professors and Lecturers in degree colleges as per UGC norms. To start with, note all important dates of AP SET 2020 from here.
|AP SET 2020||Important Dates|
|Release AP SET 2020 notification||09 Aug 2020|
|Online application form submission starts||14 Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply without late fee||19 Sep 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 1000||29 Sep 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 2000||09 Oct 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs 5000 +
(Examination centre at Visakhapatnam only)
|30 Oct 2020|
|Issuance of hall tickets||26 Nov 2020|
|AP SET 2020 exam date||06 Dec 2020|
|Availability of answer keys||To be announced|
|Availability of final answer keys||To be announced|
|Declaration of results||To be announced|
|Certificate Verification||To be announced|
APSET 2020 Notification
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) 2020 notification is available on the official website. Refer to the image below for AP SET 2020 Notification…
APSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only such candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria of AP SET 2020 should apply for the exam. It is the responsibility of the test taker to ensure that he/she is eligible for the exam. If one qualifies the exam but does not happen to be eligible, then he/she will not be able to complete the certificate verification process.
- Candidates should have completed Masters degree with at least 55% marks without rounding off.
- If candidates belong to Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / persons with disability (PWD) category, then they should have at least 50% marks.
- If candidates are yet to complete a Masters degree, then also you can appear in APSET 2020. However, in this case, they should complete Masters with requisite marks within two years of the date of the SET result.
- Ph.D. degree holders who completed PG by 19 Sep 1991 are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Those who have a PG degree/diploma from an Indian university or institute, or foreign degree/diploma/certificate by foreign university or institute, should check the equivalence of their certificate with a Masters’s degree in recognized Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- There is no upper age limit for applying for APSET.
- Candidates who have previously qualified UGC NET or APSET cannot apply in same subject in which they had qualified.
Application fee for AP SET 2020
AU has increased the application fee for AP SET 2020 by 200 Rs. Candidates can refer fees and pay the same with form.
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|SC / ST / PWD||700|
APSET 2020 Online Application Form
All candidates who are interested and eligible for APSET 2020 must fill and submit the online application form with fee before last date. Application fee to be submitted varies with time, as in certain time windows, late fee is applicable.
How to apply AP SET Recruitment?
- Application form submission is completely online.
- Go to apset.net.in.
- Check for APSET apply online link and click on it.
- Fill all details asked in the form including personal, exam choices related, educational qualifications, communication details.
- Ensure that all data is correct.
- Upload images such as photographs, signature, caste/disability certificate.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the form after checking all details are correct.
|Apply Online||Available on 14-08-2020|
|Other Details||Click here|
|Important Dates||Click here|
|Short Notification||Click here|
|Official Website||Click here|
Tips and Tricks to prepare for APSET 2020
Some of the basic tips and tricks that the candidates can follow for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 if they wish to do well and excel the exam are described below:
#1: Candidates must plan an AP SET 2020 time table. A fixed timetable can allow them to devote their time to study for the various topics and sections.
#2: It is best to solve Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test previous year’s question papers while preparing for the examination. It is the best way of revising the pre-learned topics.
#3: The candidates should get all the topics contained in the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 syllabus. Knowing the entire syllabus helps the applicants plan and prepare accordingly.
#4: Candidates must be aware of APSET’s exam pattern and marking scheme. Knowing about the marking scheme would help them know the importance of different topics. Likewise, knowledge of the exam pattern is important to give the candidates a framework to be aware of the question paper’s structure.
#5: Candidates must list down the important topics or take notes when preparing for the various sections of the APSET syllabus. During the time of the revision, these essential metrics can be of enormous help.
APSET 2020 Exam Pattern
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test consists of paper 1 and paper 2.
Exam pattern and schedule of AP SET is as follows
|Paper||Subject||No. of Qs||Marks|
|I||Common for all||50||100|
Marking scheme of AP SET 2020 is as follows
- You get +2 for correct answer.
- There is no negative marking.
Language of question papers is as follows
- Paper I is in English and Telugu
- Paper II contains
- Bilingual for commerce, education, public administration, history, economics, political science, and sociology
- In English only for all other subjects
APSET 2020 Subjects
List of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test subjects are given below. Candidate has to select one of the 30 subjects from this list to appear for in the exam. Syllabus, cut off for each subject is different.
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Environmental Science
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Physical Sciences
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Visual Arts
How to select a subject?
Candidates are advised to appear in subject which is same as their subject of post graduation. However if their subject of postgraduation is not in SET subjects list, then they should appear in a related subject.
Changes in APSET Subjects
A new subject has been introduced in the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test in 2019. Course in visual arts is the new subject in which candidates are able to sit in the AP SET exam.