SBI PO Mains exam concluded last week. Below is the section-wise analysis of the exam and you can see the questions asked in GA section at the end of this post.
|No of questions||Marks||Time||Cutoff|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/OBC||General|
|Descriptive English||50||60 mins||18||21|
Section 1: English Language
Overall, the English section was easy to moderate and a well prepared candidate could attempt 25-30 questions. Topics from which the questions were asked:
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumble Sentences
- Spotting the error
- Cloze Passage
- Fill in the blanks
Section 2: General Awareness, Marketing & Computers
Overall, this section was easy and a well prepared candidate could attempt 31-35 questions. Topics from which the questions were asked:
- General Awareness: Static G.K (Banking), Schemes/ reforms of past 3 months, banking related terminologies,and National Current Affairs.
- Marketing: Marketing Basics.
- Computers : MS Office, Hardware, Software, and Input-Output Units.
Section 3: Data Analysis & Interpretation
Overall, the Data Analysis & Interpretation section was moderate to difficult and a good number of attempts in this section were 16-20. Topics from which the questions were asked:
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Pie Chart
Section 4: Reasoning
Overall, the Reasoning section was moderate. A good number of attempts in the exam were 25-30. Topics from which the questions were asked:
- Machine input/output
- Puzzles (Seating Arrangement)
- Logical Reasoning(Course of Action, Statements & Assumptions)
- Letter to your manager regarding haphazard in maintenance of files and give some innovative methods to curb them.
- Letter to the editor of a newspaper regarding cyber crime in your city and suggest some steps to curb the problem.
- Letter to the aged teacher to thank him for help in your success as a human being.
- Pros and cons of One rank One pension
- Ethical problems in e-commerce
- India’s over dependency over monsoon
Note: The above information is based on memory of our students and faculty who appeared in examination.
General Awareness Questions:
- PM Suraksha Bima Yojana Age Limit? – 18-70
- Omkareshwar Dam is located in which state ? – Madhya Pradesh (Narmada River)
- Which country is first to launch facial ATM? – China
- Modi launched which bank in China? – ICICI Bank
- FMC merged with – SEBI
- The International Day of Peace is observed on – 21st September
- Which company was ranked 57th in US brands survey – TCS
- Katasraj temple in which country? – Pakistan
If you are confident of clearing the Mains exam, do check out interview tips here.
Mockbank is also providing a free IBPS PO Mock Test for the exams which are to take place in October. Click below to take your free mock test today.