IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I exam started on 5th Sept. Till now, four shifts have happened. This year the duration of exam has been reduced to 2 hours (Earlier it was 2 hours 30 minutes). Below is the section-wise analysis of the exam till 6th Sept and you can see the questions asked in General Awareness section at the end of this post.
Overall, the test was moderate. A good number of attempts in the test were 125 – 135.
Reasoning section was easy to moderate in terms of difficulty level. Puzzles were difficult. Well prepared students could attempt 25-30 questions in the exam. Question were asked from following topics :
- Syllogism : 5
- Seating Arrangement : 5
- Puzzle : 10
- Coded Inequalities : 5
- Statement and Assumptions : 5
- Coding Decoding : 3
- Blood Relations : 2
- Miscellaneous : 5
NA section was difficult. DI Question were time consuming and calculative. Average attempts in this section ranged between 20-25. The section included questions from following topics
- Number Series : 5
- DI : 15
- Quadratic Equations : 5
- Arithmetic Questions (Profit Loss, Time & work, Percentage etc) : 15
Overall, the English section was moderate. Candidates could easily attempt 30-35 questions. Sectional break up of questions :
- Reading Comprehensions : 15
- Para jumble : 5
- Cloze test : 10
- Fill in the Blanks : 5
- Sentence Correction : 5
Overall, the GA section was moderate and well prepared candidates could attempt 25-30 questions.
Overall, the Computer Knowledge section was easy and a well prepared candidate could attempt 28-32 questions in this section.
Note: The above information is based on the memory of our students who appeared in the exam on 5th and 6th Sept. The pattern and difficulty level may/ may not be the same in the upcoming RRB Exams.
- Time management
- First attempt General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. These sections take less time and you should be able to finish these sections in about 20 minutes.
- Divide the rest 100 minutes in the rest of the 3 sections as follows: 30 minutes for English Language, 35 minutes each for Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning. However, if you are particularly scared of a Quant, you could allocate 5 more minutes to that section.
- Please make sure that you follow this time division strictly as it will help you clear all the sectional cut-offs
- Attempt the sections in the following order- GA, CK, then the section you feel most comfortable in, then the section you are most scared of and then the remaining section
- In GA and CK, take only one pass without any reviews. Do the questions you know, make educated guesses in questions you know somewhat and leave the questions you do not know at all
- In the other three sections, do the questions in the following order: first the questions you know and can do fast, then the questions you think you can do but are time consuming. Do not attempt the questions you are not confident of solving. There are a lot of other questions to solve and score
General Awareness Questions:
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra : Devendra Fadnavis
- Capital of Peru : Lima
- The headquarter of IRDA is located at – Hyderabad
- Jabalpur is located on the banks of : Narmada
- Mithali Raj is associated with which sport? : Cricket
- National Handloom Day is observed on : 7th August
- In OROP, P stand for : Pension
- Film and Television Institute of India is located at : Pune
- Who is the Brand ambassador of UC Browser? : Yuvraj Singh
- Currency of Thailand ? – Baht
- Gaddafi stadium is located at : Lahore
- In RTGS what does S stand for?– Settlement
- Headquarters of ILO is located at – Geneva