LIC AAO (Generalist) exam started on 15th March. Till now, two shifts of the exam have happened and four shifts are left. Below is the section-wise analysis of the exam till 15th March and you can see the questions asked in GA section at the end of this post.
Overall, the exam was easy to moderate. A good number of attempts in the exam were 120 – 130.
- Focus on accuracy. Because the paper is easy to moderate, you may be able to do more questions than normal. However, it is more important to get more of them right. In GA and CK only guess if you are at least 50% sure of the answer. Avoid wild guesses. In DI and Reasoning, double check your solutions and be extremely vigilant. Simply by avoiding silly mistakes, you can push your accuracy in these 2 sections above 90%
- Move on to next question if you are not able to solve/ recall the answer. Do not get stuck with one question. There are a lot of other questions which you can solve and score well. Good luck
Overall, the Reasoning section was easy to moderate. A good number of attempts in the exam were 22-25. Topics from which the questions were asked:
- Syllogism -5
- Seating Arrangement (circular + straight)-10
- Cause and Effect-1
- Coded Inequalities -5
- Statement and Assumptions-2
Overall, the NA section was moderate and a good number of attempts in this section were 20-25. Topics from which the questions were asked:
- Number Series -5
- Data Interpretation Set-10
- Arithmetic -10
Overall, the GA section was easy to moderate and a well prepared candidate could attempt 18-25 questions. The questions in this section were from the topics like Books and authors, Census, Capitals and Currencies,Awards, Sports etc
Overall, the CK section was easy and a well prepared candidate could attempt 23-27 questions in this section. Topics from which the questions were asked: MS Office, Basic Computer Terms , Acronyms like HTTP, BIOS etc.
English (Qualifying Nature):
Overall, the English section was easy to moderate and a well prepared candidate could attempt 26-32 questions.
Note: The above information is based on the memory of our students who appeared in the examination on 15th March 2015. The pattern and difficulty level may/ may not be the same in the upcoming LIC AAO shifts. If it is different than what you expect, do not panic or worry. Whatever be the level of examination, the cutoff marks will be normalized as per the exam level.
General Awareness Questions:
- What is the currency of Ireland? – Euro
- Ravi Shankar Prasad is the minister of which department? – IT & Communication
- Shikha Tandon is related to which sport? – Swimming
- Dibang Powerplant is located in which state? – Arunachal Pradesh
- Who won the 2015 Hockey India League? – Ranchi Rays
- Capital of Jordan? – Amman
- Pattachitra originated in which state? – Odisha
- Which state got the Commendation Award in Krishi Karman Awards 2013-14? – Arunachal Pradesh
- Who scored the 1st World Cup Double Century? – Chris Gayle
- Currency of Poland? – Polish złoty
- Who wrote the book “Tsunami 2004: the IAF Story: a Few Good Men & the Angry Sea “? –Air Commodore Nitin Sathe
- World’s First Mangrove Zoo is to open in? – Sunderbans, West Bengal
- Tarapur Atomic Power Station is located in which state? – Maharashtra
- Host of FIFA U17 2017 World Cup? – India
- Social Media Person of the Year 2014? – Amitabh Bachchan
- Capital of Spain? – Madrid
- Name the Magsaysay Award Winner personality who died recently. – BG Verghese
- Salt Mountain was inaugurated in which city? – Gandhinagar
- Who was Govind Pansare, who died recently? – Political Activist
- Ebola Headquarter is located in which Country? – Ghana
- Which film won the Golden Bear Award? – Taxi
Share your own experience of the exam in comments.